Category: Unit 1: Process & Methodology


The image below is from another Javascript model of ‘Mixed Signals’. However, I’ve managed to include the Leap Motion to travel through the space.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 00.36.49

The images below are first attempts at these stained glass windows. The first image is a mockup in illustrator of what I’d hope to achieve in Blender. The final two are examples of the aesthetic possible with Blender, however creating each pane is proving to be time-consuming. I’m looking to produce a few different examples, in the next few weeks. The next step will be to include architectural elements to merge into the abstract linear patterns.




Mixed Signals 29092015

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 07.43.34

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 07.43.35

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 07.43.44

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 07.43.46

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 07.43.58

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 07.44.03

This is clearly very similar to some of the work I’ve been doing this year, visualising online connections. It also highly contradicts what I wrote at the beginning of the term, but I couldn’t help myself. I’m looking into including Twitter’s open source APIs to integrate live feed information based on conflict. Its an ongoing struggle, especially as I get to terms with learning to code…..

However, these are stills from an interactive, Javascript model of the work. The next step will be to use the Leap Motion to interact with the programme. I’m looking to exhibit some prints in an exhibition this month. I’m thinking I may use the format from the first two, as there is almost a sense of conflict between the two sides. Ultimately though, I’d like to project it, and give the viewer some sort of interaction, whether its a mouse or a leap motion etc.. I still haven’t successfully integrated my figurative and architectural work with these systems, however I thought I’d display this version. Again, this isn’t I hoped, I want to move more towards meaningful displays of information, however this is proving harder than I thought… nonetheless I still feel a sense of progress from previous versions of the work.

10092015 – Green Screen Tests

These are few experiments with Green Screen stock footage. I’m considering my options for digital, figurative cityscapes. Green Screening a number of people is an option…

The first video uses a still from a virtual environment I’m working on entitled ‘The Chapel’, and is much closer to what i hoped for than the second video. The second video was just a bit of fun really…

I’m still really lacking on the sound front. This needs to be addressed.

Woolen Wires 

I’ve begun to test out a new strategy to create these lines. Woolen thread. 

Paint simply cannot guarantee that thin, perfect line, no matter how hard you try. 

I was considering continuing with Nylon string but given the space and the awkwardness of creating a dark environment, I’ve decided I won’t incorporate projection, so my fishing wire will have to wait for another project. 

Here’s a photo: